Saturday, March 31, 2007

My grandma

My dad had a chance to email and give me information about my grandma. It's the first time he emailed me with more details. Thank you.
I copy and paste this: Red letters are my words

I wanted to let you know about my trip to Michigan and my mom (my grandma). Thursday evening mom ate supper with Lisa (my aunt) and the boys (my cousins). She seemed in good spirits and felt fine. Corey walked her home and she told him that lately she was really missing dad and wanted to go see him but didn't want to leave her grandchildren. The next afternoon Lisa found her sitting at the kitchen table with her head resting on her hand like she was sleeping. Lisa thought she was sleeping and knocked on the door and called but she didn't respond so she had Craig kick in the door so they could get in. They called 911 and the police came but she had been dead for some time. The dogs were outside and she had a glass of milk with her so the said she probably got up early that morning to let the dogs out, got some milk, and set down at the table and fell asleep; then her heart just stopped. It was very peaceful and she didn't struggle or wasn't in pain because there was nothing messed up on the table and she looked like she had just gone to sleep. It was hard for us to lose mom but because it was so peaceful and she was ready it made it a lot easier. I wanted you to know this to make it easier for you also. Everyone understood that you couldn't come and it was ok so you shouldn't worry about it. Sam, the pastor at The Church of God (that's Christ, not God) that did the service for dad also did the service for mom. It was a good service and everybody said it helped them find peace. We had visiting hours from 10-8 on Tuesday. On Wednesday the service was at 11:00 and then everyone drove out to the gravesite and we had another short service there at 2:30. She is buried next to dad. Mom's with dad now so I know she is happy, but I also know she will miss you and her other grandchildren. I brought home a copy of the obituary and the card from the service for you. Also, the preacher may type up the service like he did for Dad and if so, Candy (my aunt) will bring a copy.

No comments: