Saturday, June 24, 2006

Avery's Birthday Party

Micaela got an invitation from her friend Avery whose adopted parents went to Changsha, China with Micaela's parents. Micaela and Avery were from different orphanages. Micaela, Nancy and I went to Avery's birthday party. It was so hot outside, but Micaela had a great time with Avery. She is about three weeks older than Avery.

Here is an invitation for Avery's birthday.

The kids were excited to get candies from Elmo Pinta.

Avery was very kind to give candy to Micaela.

"Let me help you picking candy up for you."

Ok, give me your bag and let me show you how to pick candy up.

"What? I'm teaching Micaela how to grab candy because she is my best friend."

Micaela, you get another bag! Ok, I'm taking this bag myself.

Micaela collected a lot of candies when the kids left for Avery's opening presents.

Avery signs "Thank you"


Avery saying "that's so nice of Micaela to give me a cool birthday card!"

"Hey Micaela, I wanted to hug you for our best Chinese friends."


Avery hugged her grandfather for her new stuffed animal.

Am I a cool girl with my new cap from my grandfather?
Ok, I think I'm the best one!


Look at Micaela's hands and feet when she gets off the slide.

Micaela had a blast time when her mom slided with her.


From left to right, Micaela's mom, Micaela, Avery and her mother, Karri.
Karri's mother is behind.

On first row, Avery's daddy, Karri, Avery, Avery's grandmother, uncle. On the top row, aunt, grandfather, and two cousins.

"Wow, Avery gave me Elmo balloon." When we arrived the party, Micaela says "Elmo" when she sees Elmo every time. Avery's grandfather gave me the balloons for Micaela. She loves Elmo balloon.

Avery, thanks for inviting us for your birthday party and Elmo balloon! Hurray, I play with that balloon.

No comments: